Ladies Day at the races
Former Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts and the DJ Edith Bowman will lead the off-track entertainment as Scottish racing turns on the style this summer.
Ladies Day at Musselburgh on 1 June is an annual sell-out, adding a fashion extravaganza to one of Scotland’s biggest sporting events.
Nicola Roberts will be DJing on the day and said she was “excited to join one of the biggest parties Scotland has to offer this summer. I look forward to soaking up the excitement and glamour.”
Ms Bowman, who will host an after-racing party at the Edinburgh Gin Garden and Main Stage, added: “I’ve heard there is no holding back when it comes to dress code on the day, so looking forward to checking out this year’s fashion extravaganza; with a trip to NYC for the winning Queen of Style, the pressure is on! After an exciting day of racing, I’ll be continuing the celebrations from my DJ booth at the after party.”
A panel of judges will be on the hunt for 2019’s most stylish visitors. The Queen of Style will receive a five star trip to New York for four nights plus spending money from the Flight Centre, while the King of Style will walk away with vouchers from tailoring and design studio Andrew Brookes Tailoring.
Queen of Style prizes:
- 1st prize – A trip to New York for two people for four nights with the Flight Centre staying in a 5-star hotel plus £2,000 spending money and a bottle of Pommery
- 2nd prize – Stobo Castle spa day package for two plus bottles of Pommery
- 3rd prize – Colour & Cut makeover plus Charlie Miller products with any stylist at any salon plus a bottle of Pommery
King of Style prizes:
- 1st prize £1,000 to spend in Andrew Brookes Tailoring in Edinburgh
- 2nd prize – £500 to spend in Andrew Brookes Tailoring
Best Hat prize:
- 1st prize £250 voucher to spend at Sally-Ann Proven’s Edinburgh Hat Studio